WOW...
"My God shall supply all your needs, according to His riches in glory..."
It's interesting though, how I think I know what I need and what would fix all problems...and honestly, I do think having money to pay off my student loans and other debts would help at times...but that's not where I'm headed tonight.
Quick update to those of you unaware...I didn't get that job I was so hoping for; the one I thought was "the one!" And, it's ok.
Tonight is one of those nights when I really wanted to focus on something other than TV, and so I went to Facebook...I know...not a real wise choice...that is...unless God is putting you there for a reason. I went to the page of my friend who is serving the Lord with her family in Haiti, and saw a link to a webpage/blog, clicked on it, and within seconds began to sob and cry out to God. This woman wrote about women and being known by God. After I got through my tears and began to feel the Holy Spirit bring a peace to my heart, I knew I had to share and so I emailed it to women in my life with a prayer.
Then, I decided to go back to this website and read some more. I clicked on some of her "popular" posts and came on this one, from yesterday. (The one my friend shared was from Thursday!) How perfect. http://www.aholyexperience.com/2012/11/how-to-not-miss-your-real-life-calling/
I love the line "We need the person of God more than we need the plan for our life."
I'm a planner. I want to know what's next. I sometimes want to trick the system and get what I want by working around the rules...by specific planning indeed! Not the way to go...
So where does this leave me tonight....on my knees...praying for restoration and healing, in my mind, my heart, my "wants", my thoughts, my actions. It also leaves me dreaming...dreaming about what God may have in store for me. Obviously, he wants me to "career" right where I'm at right now. My calling right now is to serve where I am at. Will that be where I am at forever? Only HE knows...and after all, HE knows the perfect plan.
No comments:
Post a Comment